Student Perceptions of Teaching (SPOT) is the student evaluation system for UNT, implemented in summer 2015, to comply with the State of Texas House Bill 2504. Developed and offered by the University of Washington (IASystem®), this proven system offers both online and paper administration options, as well as evaluation forms that support different pedagogical formats (e.g., large lecture, online, studio). This system also offers many benefits to obtain an overall assessment of the course and instructor. Below are just a few of the highlights of the system:
- Offers 15 different forms to provide feedback on specific aspects of each course type;
- Allows faculty members to add their own questions;
- Allows custom form capability;
- Includes FOUR summative global questions to allow cross-class and cross-instructor comparisons;
- Reports are available within 3 days after grades are posted; and
- Intuitive interface which sends students a direct link to their evaluations for each class.
Summer 2017 survey adminstration dates can be found on the calendar page.
Reports are available for past semesters via the Faculty Portal: https://unt.iasystem.org/faculty.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.